Council Tax Property Banding
Find your Council Tax band
Use the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) to view and search a Council Tax Valuation List and find out what council tax band your property is in.
The address is:
Valuation Office Agency
Phone: 03000 501501
Fax: 03000 506022
You can also visit the Valuation Office website for more information about council tax bands and to search the Council Tax list.
Council tax bands in our area are not set by Uttlesford District Council but by the Valuation Office in Colchester. Council Tax is billed and collected by the local authority (Uttlesford District Council).
The valuation band is based on the price a property (including gardens, outbuildings, garages, etc) would have achieved if it had been sold on 1st April, 1991:
Values on 1st April 1991
not exceeding £40,000
between £40,001 and £52,000
between £52,001 and £68,000
between £68,001 and £88,000
between £88,001 and £120,000
between £120,001 and £160,000
between £160,001 and £320,000
£320,001 and above
The basis of valuation is the "capital value" of each dwelling as at 1st April 1991, not what the value is at present. Further information is available on our appeals and queries page.
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2001/02 [32kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2002/03 [32kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2002/03 [33kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2004/05 [33kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2005/06 [33kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2006/07 [44kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2007/08 [32kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2008/09 [37kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2009/10 [39kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2010/11 [21kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2011/12 [31kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2012/13 [16kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2013/14 [14kb]
- Valuation Bands by Parish 2014/15 [73kb]
Download Adobe Reader
The viewer that is needed to display the pdf document(s) is free and may be downloaded from the Adobe Website.