Welcome to Housing Services. In the housing pages on the website you can find information on all the services we offer.
Go straight to:
- Apply for a Council or Housing Association home
- Home Ownership - Right to Buy and home ownership schemes
- Housing Options and Homelesseness
- Housing Rents
- Repairs to Council Properties
- Private Sector Housing
- Garage Rentals
- Applying for a transfer
- Anti-Social Behaviour in Uttlesford - information on tackling antisocial behaviour and improving community relations
- Disabled Adaptations
- Tenant Participation - information on the Tenant Forum and the Tenant Participation Officer
Services for Older People
- Sheltered Accommodation - information on council owned and housing association sheltered accommodation in the district
- Lifeline - enabling independent living with safety, support and reassurance for elderly and or vulnerable
Customer Service Standards
- Sheltered Housing [28kb]
- Rents [20kb]
- Housing Allocations [81kb]
- The Homelessness, Homelessness Prevention / Housing Options Service [83kb]
- Repairs [25kb]
- Tenant Participation [19kb]
Anti Social Behaviour Policy and Procedures Consultation. In response to the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 the council has now fully reviewed its ASB Policy and Procedures. The documents are now in draft format and are ready for a period of public consultation.You can read the draft policy and procedures and find out how to respond on our Anti Social Behaviour Policy and Procedures Consultation page.
Applying for a Council or Housing Association Home. If your housing application was assessed before the 1st April 2013 under the old allocations policy, the application will be re-assessed in line with the new allocations policy. If your banding assessment changes you will be notified in writing.
Click here to download a copy of the new Housing Allocation Scheme [322kb]
Tenant Handbook. If you are an Uttlesford tenant, you can download a copy of our new Tenant Handbook, which contains information and advice on all aspects of your tenancy.
Click here to download a copy of the Uttlesford Tenant Handbook [288kb]
One of the ways we keep our tenants informed of what's happening in housing is through Housing News, a magazine sent to all our tenants. You can read the latest and previous editions on our Housing News page.
UK charity Shelter provides a huge amount of information covering all aspects of housing, from homelessness to relationship issues.
The Housing Service is keen to hear all feedback whether positive or negative. We are always looking to improve the services we provide.
Please use this form to provide feedback [373kb] or use the online enquiry form at the bottom of this page.
Download Adobe Reader
The viewer that is needed to display the pdf document(s) is free and may be downloaded from the Adobe Website