Change of Circumstances (Council Tax)

Change of Circumstances - Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions

Please note that if you are applying for a council tax discount or exemption for the first time, this is not the correct form to complete. You need to fill out the relevant form in the Council Tax and Benefit Forms section.

Tell us about a change of address ►

Please complete the form below if you need to report, for purposes of council tax discounts and exemptions entitlement, a change of circumstances. For example:

  • anyone moves into, or out of, your home
  • a change happens which may affect your entitlement to a discount , disabled person's relief or an exemption

Council Tax Discounts - how do I know if I qualify? ►

If a discount is granted it will last for as long as you qualify. If anything changes, you should contact us within 21 days so that your council tax can be recalculated.


Report a change of circumstances

You may report a change of circumstances using our online form. Please read the Privacy Notice below and, if you wish to proceed, click on the "Complete form" button.