Change of circumstances - Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Managing your Council Tax online using a hand held digital device


Manage your Council Tax online

Set up a Direct Debit, check your account, tell us about any changes and register for paperless billing using our Northgate Council Tax portal.

You do not need to register to use some of these services. However if you would like to view your Council Tax account details, you will need to create a login for the portal.

We have published some guidance on how to use this service.


If you are applying for a Council Tax discount or exemption for the first time, this is not the correct form to complete.

You need to fill out the relevant form in the Council Tax and benefit forms section.

Tell us about a change of address


Change of circumstances regarding discounts and exemptions

Please use the link below if you need to report, for purposes of council tax discounts and exemptions entitlement, a change of circumstances. For example:

  • anyone moves into, or out of, your home
  • a change happens which may affect your entitlement to a discount , disabled person's relief or an exemption

Report a change of circumstances (regarding discounts and exemptions)

Council Tax Discounts - how do I know if I qualify?

If a discount is granted it will last for as long as you qualify.

If anything changes, you should contact us within 21 days so that your Council Tax can be recalculated.