People with disabilities

If you, or someone who lives with you, need a room, or an extra bathroom or kitchen, or extra space in your property to meet special needs arising from a disability, you may be entitled to a reduced council tax bill.

The bill may be reduced to that of a property in the band immediately below yours. These reductions ensure that disabled people do not pay more tax on account of space needed because of a disability.

For example, if your home is in Band 'A' your bill will be calculated on a 5/9 fraction instead of 6/9.

Application for a council tax discount for persons with disabilities

Application for a council tax discount for severely mentally impaired resident

Customer Services at Uttlesford District Council can also give you details of the necessary qualifying conditions. Telephone: 01799 510510.