There are small habits which will improve your mpg:
- Switch off your engine if you are stationary for more than a minute
- Drive in the highest gear possible
- Drive smoothly, try to avoid harsh braking and accelerating
- Check your tyre pressures regularly
- Remove roof racks etc when not in use
Electric or plug-in vehicles are increasingly popular. Government funding is available to reduce the initial purchase cost - 35% up to £5,000 towards an electric car and 20% up to £8,000 towards an electric van.
New funding is also available for the installation of domestic plug-in chargers, please see the link below.
There is one charging point in the Uttlesford District. This can be found at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre.
Planning Your Journey
If you use public transport, buying your tickets in advance usually saves money. If you do travel by road, check for planned roadworks to avoid unnecessary delays.