Community Project Grant scheme
Our 2020/21 Community Project Grant scheme is open again for new applications.
Who can apply for a community project grant?
You can apply for a grant from a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of £3,500. These are available to properly-constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the Uttlesford district, such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, play and recreation clubs and groups.
What you can apply for
We will consider grants to fund any of the following:
- development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
- buildings or facilities that are available for community use such as village halls, community centres or public conveniences
- car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
- children's play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
- improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
- essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
- training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Eligible projects must be completed after 1 April 2020 and before 20 March 2021.
Applications from sports and cultural groups are not eligible. If you run a sports or cultural group, you could consider applying to our leisure and cultural grant scheme.
If the scheme is oversubscribed applications from organisations in receipt of this grant in the last two years will be considered but will be given a lower priority than applications from organisations not having benefited during the last two years.
How to apply
We have put together someto help you.
You can apply for the Community Project Grant by printing off a copy of theand sending your completed form to:
Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer
Community and Leisure
Uttlesford District Council
Remember that the closing date for applications for the Community Project Grant scheme is midday on Thursday 19 November 2020.
Contact Community Development
If you have any queries regarding your application, please contact Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer:
- Phone 01799 510563
- Email Sue Hayden