Job reference: REQ000299
Date posted: 12/08/2021
Application closing date: 31/03/2023
Location: Initially you'll be based at either our Saffron Walden or Great Dunmow depots. But we will shortly be relocating to our new depot in Little Canfield
Salary: Grade 4 Starting Salary £22,183 rising to £24,491
Package: Full-time - 37 Hours, Permanent (part-time applicants welcome)
Worked over a 4 day period Tuesday to Friday.
We are looking for full-time or part-time LGV Drivers to work within the Environmental Services team, initially based at either our Saffron Walden or Great Dunmow depots and will shortly be relocating to our new depot in Little Canfield.
You duties will include:
- driving, operating, and loading our Class 2 vehicles
- providing waste and recycling collection services
- delivering a high standard of service
We are looking for:
- Category C / Class 2 licence as a minimum, newly qualified drivers welcome to apply
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card
- flexibility and good work ethic
- must be willing to do driving and loading
- a good level of fitness and endurance to ensure the job gets done
Tuesday to Friday 06:45 - 17:00 with the occasional catch up on a Saturday following a bank holiday or public holiday for which payment at time and a half will be made.
Uttlesford is located in a beautiful area of north Essex, fantastic countryside with a mix of towns and villages. You will be working out of a depot with modern facilities and a great team environment.
We encourage and support our employees to have a healthy work life balance as well as offering a range of benefits including generous annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata), leisure centre discounts, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and an online platform offering discounts from online retailers.
For an informal discussion, please contact Danny Johnson on 01799 510597.
CVs will not be accepted.
We positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our online recruitment portal.