Community Project Grants scheme open for new applications
Uttlesford District Council's 2023/24 Community Project Grant scheme is open again for new applications.
Grants of up to £3,500 are available to properly constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in Uttlesford, such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, sports clubs, leisure and cultural groups, and play and recreation clubs and groups.
The council will consider grants to fund any of the following:
- development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
- buildings or facilities that are available for community use such as village halls, community centres or public conveniences
- car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
- music and theatre groups
- children's play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
- improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
- essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
- training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Eligible projects must be completed after 1 April 2023 and before 20 March 2024.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 17 July.
For more information or to apply for a grant, visit www.uttlesford.gov.uk/community-project-grant or contact Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer, on 01799 510563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
21 May 2023