Search site
Tell us icon

Compliments, Suggestions and Complaints

We aim to provide you with a high-quality service and welcome all feedback about the services that we provide and how they could be improved.

If you have a suggestion or complaint about any service we provide, please let us know. We will do our best to put the matter right and make sure we improve the service we provide. We would also like to know if you are pleased with the service provided. We can inform our staff and use the information to improve our services.

If you have a complaint

In the first instance you you may wish to try and resolve the matter informally by talking to the staff you were dealing with on the query. However, if you do not want to do this, ask for the name of their manager and contact them with your complaint.

Once the member of staff or manager has responded, if you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been dealt with you can write to the relevant director or assistant director. Your complaint will be investigated further and we will let you know the outcome as quickly as possible.

If you are still unhappy you can make your complaint by submitting a complaint form. You can find out more on our Complaints FAQ webpage.

Compliments complaints and suggestions feedback form ►


Annual Letter from the Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). All Councils receive an Annual Letter from the Local Government Ombudsman in which the Ombudsman reviews the complaints received against each council and how it has performed in dealing with complaints during that year.

To read the most recent Annual Letter for Uttlesford District Council, please see our Annual Review Letter webpage.


Additional information

pdf icon Abusive, Persistent or Vexatious Complaints Policy [323kb]

Local Government Ombudsmen