Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Coronation Celebrations Grant scheme

Local councils, charities and community organisations in Uttlesford had the opportunity to apply for funding to help with the costs of events to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort.

Coronation blue royal crest
You should use this form to apply for a grant to assist with community organised events to mark the Coronation.

About the grant

You can use this funding to help to organise street parties, beacon lighting or other celebrations. But your event must be open to everyone.

We'll be making available at least £700 to each parish in the district to help with the celebrations.

You can also apply for an additional grant of up to £200 towards planting trees to commemorate the Coronation.

The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 13 April 2023.


How to apply

You can apply using our online form.

Apply now

Before you start

You should be the person authorised to make the application on behalf of your organisation.

To complete this form you will need to tell us your:

  • name
  • address
  • phone number
  • email address
  • charity number (if you have one)

You'll need to provide us with details about how your organisation is run and its finances including:

  • the costs of your project or purchase
  • the amount of fundraising you've carried out
  • any shortfall in funds
  • other grants you have applied for

You'll get a confirmation email with a copy of your application form after you've applied.

After you've applied

We'll contact you to tell you if your application has been successful or not.

We may also ask you to send us copies of your organisation's:

  • safeguarding policy, if you have one

If you are offered a grant

You'll need to send us copies of all the invoices and receipts for your purchase or project. This is so that we can see how the money has been spent.

If you don't do this we may ask you to pay back the grant to us in full.

    Contact Community Development

    If you have any queries or would like to send us additional documents, please contact Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer: