Uttlesford District Council realises and accepts that not all properties and householders will be eligible for three bins.

In these circumstances please read the Three Bins Guide, ensuring that you substitute the non-recycling bin for black sacks and the dry recycling bin for carrier bags or pedal bin liners (no black sacks please).

Food waste can only be collected separately in the Brown Food Waste Caddy, therefore if you do not have this bin, please mix food recycling with your non-recyclables. Alternatively if a neighbour has a brown food waste caddy, ask if you can share it with them!

If your property does not have all three bins and you wish to discuss obtaining them, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will make every effort to ensure that you have access to our complete service.

If you live in a flat, your collections may be slightly different. Please view Flats Recycling for more information.