Working in the Uttlesford district you will provide professional advice on a full range of quantity surveying services.
What we'll pay
Grade 4-9 - with effect from 1 April the salary will range from £21,589 to £41,675 per annum
What else you'll get
- Paid holidays
- Protective clothing
- Contributory Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Workplace Options - employee assistance programme, for information and guidance on any problems
- Occupational Health support
- Vine Extras employee discount scheme
- Health and wellbeing/Time to Change commitment
- Discounted rate for gym membership at our three leisure centres run for us by 1Life
This is a career graded role where progression is dependent on the following criteria:
- Attainment of the relevant qualifications
- Achievement of the necessary experience required
- Achievement of the necessary competencies required
- There being an organisational requirement/need at the next highest level
- There being budgetary provision available
Progression is not dependent solely on the attainment of qualifications and experience/competencies that can be found in individual job descriptions. The organisational requirement and budgetary provision available equally applies.
Usually staff recruited will be placed at the lowest level unless their qualifications, competencies and experience indicate they may be recruited at a higher level. The latter only applies if there were no suitable internal applicants eligible for progression.
The appraisal system and personal development plan will be used to record employees' performance, achievements and the identification of any training and development needs. This should also be used to record whether employees are recommended or not for progression to the next level.
Grade 4 Building Control Trainee will be suitable for candidates who are academically well matched to the work. Candidates will be required to train for building surveying related qualification.
Grade 5 Building Control Assistant Surveyors will be undergoing appropriate training and have experience working as a surveyor.
Grade 6-8 Building Control Surveyors role will be suitable for appropriately trained and experienced surveyors who are working towards membership of an approved professional body. and/or capable of dealing with a broad range of applications.
Grade 9 Senior Building Control Surveyors are staff qualified to degree level, have appropriate professional body membership and with substantial experience. In the main they will work autonomously, with minimal supervision and able to make appropriate decisions within the Building Regulations.