Household Support Fund

How to get help them with essentials such as food, clothing, and utilities as the country continues its recovery from the pandemic.

As part of the nationwide efforts to recover following the pandemic, Essex County Council have been provided with some funding from the government's Household Support Fund (HSF).

This funding will be used to help people with food, fuel and other household costs this winter.

How to get support

The fund has been distributed to local organisations, who know their areas best and can directly help those in need. You should contact one of these organisations to get support.

Council for Voluntary Services Uttlesford

The Community Hubs were set up as part of the response to the pandemic.

The hub for our district is the Council for Voluntary Services Uttlesford (CVSU)

If you are in need this winter you can contact the local hub through their website to get help with food, fuel and essential items.

Citizens' Advice

Citizens' Advice can provide advice on winter warmth and issue fuel vouchers to those in need. They can also provide information on other support services.

If you use oil or Calor Gas, Uttlesford Citizens Advice can organise a delivery for you.

Other organisations

You can find a full list of the organisations who can provide you with support on

You do not need to be claiming benefits. Whatever your circumstances, if you are struggling this winter you can get help with your essential costs.