Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

The Coronation of His Majesty the King

The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort will take place on Saturday 6 May, 2023 followed by a weekend of special events.

Neighbours and communities across the United Kingdom are invited to share food and fun together at Coronation Big Lunches on Sunday 7 May 2023, in a nationwide act of celebration and friendship. Order an official Coronation Big Lunch pack from the Eden Project Communities site.

Join the Coronation Big Help Out on Monday 8 May to support your local or national charity - find more information on the Big Help Out website.

Our fireworks, beacons and bonfire advice page gives some guidance on staying safe and what to do to consider other people and pets in the community.

We recommend that you do not use sky lanterns or helium balloons to celebrate events such as the Coronation.

What's happening locally and nationally and how to organise your own event

Coronation Celebrations Grant scheme

You have until midday on Thursday 13 April to apply for a grant from our Coronation Celebrations Grant scheme

Temporary Events Notices for Coronation celebrations

You'll need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if you're holding an event with licensable activities such as selling alcohol, serving hot food or drink or providing entertainment like music, or dancing

Holding a street party

Street parties are simple to organise. We've put together some guidance sets out what you need to think about and what's needed to help your event run smoothly

Official Coronation events

There will be a weekend of special events on 6-8 May to give you the opportunity to celebrate the Coronation

Map of Coronation events

Search for information about local and national events, and find out how to add details of your own celebratory activities on the official map

Temporary road closures for Coronation events

You may need to apply for a road closure if you want to hold a party in your street