Licensing Act 2003 - personal licence
How to apply for a personal alcohol licence.
- Applicants must be over 18
- A Personal Licence must not be have been forfeited in previous 5 years
- Complete the application form
- Complete the disclosure of convictions form
- Two photographs, one of which is endorsed as a true likeness by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification
- A licensing qualification - if you do not have a qualification already we have a list of Accredited personal licence qualification providers
- Criminal conviction certificate or a criminal record certificate or the results of a subject access search of the police national computer by the National Intelligence Service. (This can be obtained online via www.disclosurescotland.co.uk). Please note the criminal conviction certificate must be sent to the licensing authority within 28 days of the certificate date
- The current fee of £37.00
Pay your annual personal licence fee
You will need pay an annual fee due on the anniversary date of when your premises licence was granted.
Application forms and documents
Find out more about Personal Licenses
Further information is available on our Licensing Act 2003 - Personal frequently asked questions page.