Community groups encouraged to apply for project grant
Community and voluntary organisations in Uttlesford are invited to apply for funding to assist with the development of community-based projects.
Uttlesford District Council's Community Project Grant scheme for 2022/23 is open for applications, with grants from a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of £3,500 available.
Grant awards can be made to properly-constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the Uttlesford district, such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, play and recreation clubs and groups. Sports clubs and leisure and cultural groups can also apply.
Grants will be considered for expenditure incurred in the provision of any of the following:
- Development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
- Buildings or facilities that are available for community use such as village halls, community centres or public conveniences
- Car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
- Music and theatre groups
- Children's play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
- Improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
- Essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
- Training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Eligible projects must be completed after 1 April 2022 and before 20 March 2023.
The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 8 June.
31 March 2022