Local Plan timetable amended
Uttlesford District Council has taken the decision to amend the Local Plan timetable.
The council is committed to developing the best plan it can for the district and has reached an important stage in the process. Taking some additional time now will allow the council to explore variations on the emerging strategy, carry out further engagement with councillors and give officers the space to incorporate feedback when drafting the Local Plan chapters and preferred options.
The first draft Local Plan - known as the Regulation 18 Local Plan - will still go out to public consultation in the summer.
Following an adjustment to the timetable, the amended governance dates for the run-up to the Regulation 18 public consultation are as follows:
Local Plan Leadership Group
· Thursday 12 May - to consider the policy chapters
· Wednesday 18 May - to consider the strategy chapters
· Thursday 12 May - all-member briefing, to consider the draft Local Plan (this meeting will be held ahead of Local Plan Leadership Group)
· Tuesday 7 June - to recommend the Regulation 18 Local Plan for consultation
· Wednesday 15 June - to approve the draft local plan for consultation
Consultation(subject to Full Council approval)
· Monday 20 June to Friday 29 July
12 April 2022