Have you got what it takes to become a TEC Mate?
Do you have the enthusiasm and an interest to help others gain the digital skills they may need to help make a real difference to their lives?
The TEC Mates scheme aims to help people in Essex to become more confident at using all kinds of technology.
The scheme is run by the West Essex Community Action Network (WECAN) and supported by Essex County Council.
TEC Mates volunteers
The scheme relies on volunteers who can help others to improve their digital skills.
As a TEC Mates volunteer, you would not need to be an expert in all things digital, but if you have a good all round knowledge and enjoy helping others then it could be the right role for you.
They are looking for volunteers who can help others to do things like:
- browse websites and use a search engine
- send emails and complete online forms
- shop online including online banking
- use WhatsApp, Zoom, Teams and other video mediums
- apply for jobs
- better understand internet security and staying safe online
- use chromebooks, tablets, smart phones, laptops, smart speakers, wi-fi controlled bulbs and plugs
- use Microsoft Office e.g., MS Word, Excel
Who can help
TEC Mates volunteering opportunities are open to all members of the community with the appropriate skills.
You can apply to become a Tec Mate on the WECAN website.
Or you can discuss the role further by calling 03333 401727.