Festive car parking offers to support businesses and shoppers
Uttlesford District Council will be introducing a series of car parking incentives this Christmas and New Year to support local businesses and encourage more people into the town centres.
The council has operated a Christmas car parking promotion for a number of years in its pay and display car parks. The aim is to support the vitality and viability of the town and village centres, increase footfall into the town and village centres and promote local shopping and access to services.
The 2022 promotion takes into account local feedback and will be introduced in all UDC pay-and-display car parks in Great Dunmow, Stansted Mountfitchet and Saffron Walden (excluding Fairycroft Road/Waitrose car park) on the following dates:
- Free parking all day on 25 & 26 November
- Free parking from midday in:
- Great Dunmow - on 1, 8, 15 and 22 December
- Stansted Mountfitchet - on 1, 8, 15 and 22 November
- Saffron Walden (excluding Fairycroft Road/Waitrose) - on 18 and 30 November & 7, 14 and 21 December
- Free parking all day between 25 December to 1 January 2023 inclusive
Cllr Richard Freeman, the council's portfolio holder with responsibility for car parking, said: "We are very proud of our independent high streets and town centres and it is important that we continue to support them, particularly at this time of spiralling costs. We hope these parking incentives will be a small step to encouraging more people to eat and shop locally, and also to enjoy the festive events that are taking place in our town centres this Christmas."
25 October 2022