Recycling your real Christmas tree
Once you have packed the decorations away for another year, make sure to recycle your real Christmas tree. Recycled trees can be turned into good quality compost or soil conditioner, or into chippings.
Uttlesford District Council is providing skips and refuse vehicles at a number of locations around the district in the New Year - simply take along your Christmas tree and other green waste.
Visit www.uttlesford.gov.uk/christmas-tree-recycling for more information.
Saturday 7 January 2023
- Great Dunmow - Angel Lane car park - 9am to 3pm
- Birchanger - Birchwood - 8.30am to 9.30am
- Great Easton - Village Hall - 9am to 10am
- Stansted - Lower Street car park - 9.45am to 10.45am
- Stebbing - The Downs - 10.15am to 11.15am
- Manuden - Carters Hill - 11am to 12pm
- Felsted - Bannister Green - 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Clavering - Village Hall - 12.45pm to 1.45pm
- Barnston - Village Hall - 1.15pm to 2.15pm
- Chrishall - The Red Cow - 2.15pm to 3.45pm
- High Easter - Village Hall - 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Sunday 8 January 2023
- Newport - Allotments - 8.30am to 9.30am
- Little Hallingbury - Village car park - 9am to 10am
- Littlebury - Recreation ground - 9.45am to 10.45am
- Hatfield Heath - Broomfields - 10.15am to 11.15am
- Great Chesterford - Meadow Road - 11am to 12pm
- Hatfield Broad Oak - Barnfields - 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Hadstock - Village green - 12.45pm to 1.45pm
- White Roding - Sport & Social Club - 1.15pm to 2.15pm
- Ashdon - Fallowden Lane car park - 2pm to 3pm
- Leaden Roding - School car park - 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Thaxted - Margaret Street car park - 3.15pm to 4.15pm
Real Christmas trees can also be taken to local recycling centres. To check opening times over the festive season, visit www.loveessex.org.
29 December 2022