Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Contact Council Tax

  • Telephone: 01799 510510
  • Email Council Tax - please provide your name, address, phone number and your Council Tax reference number if you have it.

Permission for someone else to discuss your Council Tax.

Your personal data is kept confidential and secure and will not be shared with any third parties unless you specifically ask us to do so.

If you would like someone else to speak to us about your Council Tax account on your behalf, you will need to provide us with permission. Please email us their name, address and contact details and confirm that you would like us to discuss your Council Tax account with them. Alternatively, you can write to us at Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER.

Sometimes, an organisation such as Citizen's Advice Bureau may ask you to complete a form giving us permission to discuss your Council Tax with them and they will usually forward the completed form to us on your behalf.

Any permission you provide will be noted on your Council Tax account so if you wish to change this arrangement in future you must contact us.

Due to high work volumes, it may take longer than 10 working days to respond to your enquiry at times. We will respond as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience that a delay may cause.