Business Rates Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs for the purposes of billing, collecting and enforcing business rates.
It is necessary for the council to gather, collect, store and process personal information relating to Business Rates. The council puts measures in place to protect the privacy of individuals throughout this process.
As a public authority, Council takes your rights and freedoms seriously and will only release information when required under law or with your consent. Further information about your rights, how to contact the Data Protection Officer, how long information is held or how we process your personal information can be found at the Privacy webpage.
Information we may collect
- Name/Company Name
- Tenancy/Ownership details
- Director details
- Company's registered address
- Address + Postcode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone details
- Email address
- Company Accounts
- Bank & Building Society details
We may share the information with
- Other departments of the Council
- Other councils
- Government departments such as HMRC; DWP and the Cabinet Office (as part of the National Fraud Initiative)
- With external partners, agencies, and contractors involved with delivering services on our behalf
- Insolvency practitioners
- Credit Reference Agencies
The council will only keep your information for as long as necessary. Full details of how long the council retains your information can be found in the council's. After this time your information will be securely destroyed.