Council Tax Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs for the purpose of billing, collecting and enforcing Council Tax, including the prevention of fraud.
It is necessary for the council to gather, collect, store and process personal information relating to establishing Council Tax liability. The council puts measures in place to protect the privacy of individuals throughout this process.
As a public authority, Council takes your rights and freedoms seriously and will only release information when required under law or with your consent. Further information about your rights, how to contact the Data Protection Officer, how long information is held or how we process your personal information can be found at the Privacy webpage.
Information we may collect
- Address + Postcode
- Household details
- Date of Birth
- Telephone details
- Emails address
- Second home details
- National Insurance Number
- Employer details
- Income details
- Expenditure details
- Bank & Building Society details
- Power of Attorney details
- Medical information
We may share the information with
- Other departments of the Council
- Other councils
- Government departments such as HMRC; DWP and the Cabinet Office (as part of the National Fraud Initiative)
- With external partners, agencies, and contractors involved with delivering services on our behalf.
- Credit Reference Agencies
The council will only keep your information for as long as necessary. Full details of how long the council retains your information can be found in the council's. After this time your information will be securely destroyed.