Housing Options Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs in order to enable the council to process your application to join the housing register, provide you with a housing advice service, to help to prevent your homelessness or to provide you with services in relation to our legal housing/homelessness duties.
It is necessary for the council to gather, collect, store and process personal information relating to your application to join the housing register, or your request to provide you with housing advice and homelessness services. The council puts measures in place to protect the privacy of individuals throughout this process.
As a public authority, Council takes your rights and freedoms seriously and will only release information when required under law or with your consent. Further information about your rights, how to contact the Data Protection Officer, how long information is held or how we process your personal information can be found at the Privacy webpage.
Information we may collect
- Address + Postcode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone details
- Emails address
- National Insurance Number
- Employer details
- Income details
- Expenditure details
- Bank & Building Society details
- Power of Attorney details
- Medical information
- Offending history
- Information as above on all members of your household
We may share the information with
- Other departments of the Council
- Other Local Authorities including Social Care Services and organisations contracted to Local Authorities to deliver services on their behalf
- Other Social Housing Providers
- Temporary Accommodation Providers
- Private Landlords
- Government departments such as MHCLG; HMRC; DWP and the Cabinet Office (as part of the National Fraud Initiative)
- Credit Reference Agencies
The council is required to provide personal data to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) homelessness data collection system H-CLIC. Use the link below for a copy of the MHCLG H-CLIC Privacy Notice.
H-CLIC Privacy Notice
The council will only keep your information for as long as necessary. Full details of how long the council retains your information can be found in the council's Document Retention Policy (PDF) [705KB] . After this time your information will be securely destroyed.