Housing Management Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs in order to provide you with a comprehensive housing management service.
It is necessary for the council to gather, collect, store and process personal information relating to your council tenancy including information on those living with you in your council accommodation. The council puts measures in place to protect the privacy of individuals throughout this process.
As a public authority, Council takes your rights and freedoms seriously and will only release information when required under law or with your consent. Further information about your rights, how to contact the Data Protection Officer, how long information is held or how we process your personal information can be found at the Privacy webpage
Information we may collect
- Address + Postcode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone details
- Emails address
- National Insurance Number
- Employer details
- Income details
- Expenditure details
- Bank & Building Society details
- Power of Attorney details
- Medical information
We may share the information with
- Other departments of the Council
- Other councils
- Government departments such as HMRC; DWP and the Cabinet Office (as part of the National Fraud Initiative)
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Utility providers
- Third Party organisations which work with the Council to deliver services to you, such as repairs and maintenance, and organisations we employ to collect customer satisfaction data for the purpose of improving services and planning future services
The council will only keep your information for as long as necessary. Full details of how long the council retains your information can be found in the council's . After this time your information will be securely destroyed.