Advice and information on how you can save water around your home.
We are keen to encourage residents and businesses in the area to save water wherever possible.
The average household in the country uses around 150 litres of water per person per day - with a few straightforward steps you can bring this average down, saving money as well as water.
Save Our Streams
Save Our Streams is the UK's biggest ever water saving initiative. It's being run by Affinity Water and focuses on saving our incredibly rare chalk streams, and the habitats they provide for local wildlife.
Using the Affinity Water SOS water checking tool you can find out how and where you use water in your home and discover easy ways to reduce your use, small steps at a time.
Benefits from cutting down on water
There are several benefits from cutting down on the water you use including:
- saving money
- reducing the chance of water shortages
- lowering emissions of greenhouse gases responsible for climate change
- reducing the amount of energy and chemicals used in the treatment and pumping of water
- stopping damage to wildlife habitats in wetlands and rivers
How to save water
Affinity Water, the company that provides water in Uttlesford, offer advice and water-saving devices to install around the home.
Waterwise is an independent, not for profit organisation focused on:
- reducing water consumption in the UK
- building the evidence base for large scale water efficiency
They are the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK.