Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Notices of vacancies on parish councils

Here we publish any notices of vacancies on parish councils within the Uttlesford district.

A casual vacancy occurs when a serving member of a parish council resigns, dies or becomes disqualified. The parish council will notify us and we must then post a formal notification called a notice of vacancy.

Any 10 local government electors within the parish or parish ward (if the parish is warded) can request to have the vacancy filled by an election, using the form below: 

Download a request to fill a parish/town council vacancy by an election (PDF) [422KB] .

This would need to be received by the Returning Officer within the deadline on the notice.


Current notices

Notice of vacancy on Hatfield Broad Oak Parish Council

Filling of casual vacancy on parish council arising from the failure of Deborah Davies-Tutt and Janine Davies-Tutt to accept office.