Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Untaxed vehicles

If you see what you believe may be an untaxed vehicle and which is parked on a public road, you can report it to the DVLA.


Things to do before reporting a vehicle as untaxed

  1. Check if the vehicle is taxed on GOV.UK before you report it - this is a free service.

    The DVLA database holds the details of all registered keepers of motor vehicles and as such it is the responsibility of the registered keeper to notify the DVLA of any changes in circumstances.

  2. Make a note of the vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of the vehicle and the street name, town and postcode where the vehicle is parked. You will not be able to report the vehicle without these details.


You can report a vehicle that appears to be untaxed and used or kept on the road to the DVLA.

Report now

Uttlesford District Council no longer deal with untaxed vehicles which are on the highway.