Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Applications made for tables and chairs on the public highway

Find and respond to current applications made under Section 115A of the Highways Act 1980 for permission to placed tables and chairs on the public highway.

Anyone can have a say about permit decisions - you can comment on an application for a new permit or a variation to an existing permit by writing to us.

Any business such as a pub, restaurant, wine bar or café may need permission to have chairs and tables outside their premises for use by their customers.

Comment on a permit application

Anyone applying for a permit has to put a notice outside their premises for 5 working days.

If you want to comment, you must do so within 5 working days of the consultation starting - we'll tell you when this when we publish the application. Your comments must not be vexatious or frivolous.

Make a comment

You can comment on a permit application by writing to us.


Or you can write to:

Licensing, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER

Application for a tables and chairs permit

No current applications