Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Support for reservists and those with public duties

Find out about support available for you if you served as a reservist in the armed forces or hold other public office.

Support for reservists

If you are a member of the Territorial Army or a member of one of the Reserve Forces of the Armed Services, we will grant you up to 15 days' paid leave of absence for you to attend annual camp.

We reserve the right to make deductions from salary to match any allowances or expenses paid to you in respect of these 15 days.

Any further leave required for your attendance at camp or for any other reason must be taken from:

  • annual leave entitlement
  • unpaid leave
  • negative flexi-leave
  • or accrued TOIL

If you are mobilised, we will re-instate you after demobilisation, if requested, at the job or terms and conditions as when you left and not later than the 6th Monday after demobilisation.

Support if you hold other public office

If you hold public office, for example, as a school governor, magistrate, mayor/lady mayoress, Special Constable, your director may approve reasonable time off, with pay. This will depend upon the nature of your duties and the opportunity for them to be undertaken in 'out-of-work' hours.

We'll allow you up to a maximum of five working days' leave with pay, (pro-rata to hours worked). If you need to take more than five days in a year, you make take extra leave but without pay.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon