Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Apply for a minor variation to a premises licence

How to apply to to make small changes to a licence for a premises or a club premises certificate.

You can apply for minor variations to your premises licence such as:

  • small changes to premises layouts or structures
  • reduce licensing hours
  • move the hours for alcohol within 7am and 11pm
  • removal of out of date, irrelevant or unenforceable conditions
  • add conditions
  • add licensable activities, only regulated entertainment and late night refreshment can be added

For further information, please read the following guidance from GOV.UK.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Minor Variation application form
  2. Pay the license fee
  3. Send the completed forms and payment receipt to

Licence Fee

There's an £89.00 fee

To pay please calling 01799 510510 and request a receipt to submit together with your minor variation application form. You can also get in touch with us using alternative methods via our contact us page.

Display the application

You must display a notice of the application at the premises for 10 working days starting from the day after the application was  submitted . The site notice must be:

  • on white paper
  • A4 size or larger
  • large font header font size 32 or larger and content font size 16 or larger

What happens next

There's a 10 working day representation period from the date you apply. We'll consult with any statutory consultees that we need to. After this time well take account of any representations made.

If the variation won't have a negative effect on any of the licensing objectives of prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance, and protection of children from harm we'll grant the licence. Where we think the change will have a negative effect we'll refuse the licence.

Tacit consent doesn't apply

Tacit consent doesn't apply to minor variation applications.  You must have confirmation from us that the variations have been added to your licence.