Apply for a minor variation to a premises licence
How to apply to to make small changes to a licence for a premises or a club premises certificate.
You can apply for minor variations to your premises licence such as:
- small changes to premises layouts or structures
- reduce licensing hours
- move the hours for alcohol within 7am and 11pm
- removal of out of date, irrelevant or unenforceable conditions
- add conditions
- add licensable activities, only regulated entertainment and late night refreshment can be added
For further information, please read the following guidance from GOV.UK.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Minor Variation application form
- Pay the license fee
- Send the completed forms and payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There's an £89.00 fee
To pay please calling 01799 510510 and request a receipt to submit together with your minor variation application form.
Display the application
You must display a notice of the application at the premises for 10 working days starting from the day after the application was submitted . The site notice must be:
- on white paper
- A4 size or larger
- large font header font size 32 or larger and content font size 16 or larger
What happens next
There's a 10 working day representation period from the date you apply. We'll consult with any statutory consultees that we need to. After this time well take account of any representations made.
If the variation won't have a negative effect on any of the licensing objectives of prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance, and protection of children from harm we'll grant the licence. Where we think the change will have a negative effect we'll refuse the licence.
Tacit consent doesn't apply
Tacit consent doesn't apply to minor variation applications. You must have confirmation from us that the variations have been added to your licence.