Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Reporting mould and damp - district council tenants

How to tell us about mould and damp in your home if you are a district council tenant.

If you are a district council tenant and you notice damp or mould in your home, please call us to report it straightaway, so we can come and inspect your home.

If damp and mould is left, it is likely to get worse. When we visit, we will assess what is causing the problem and what we need to do to sort it out.

We take our duties as a landlord very seriously and want to reassure you that we have instructed Uttlesford Norse to engage a specialist contractor. The contractor will contact you once you have reported the problem to us and will make arrangements to start the process of eliminating mould and damp from your property.


Our procedure

The process of eliminating the causes of the damp and mould will take place over a number of stages.

Stage 1: The first stage will be a mould wash to clean away the mould.

Stage 2: An investigation to establish the reason for the mould.

Stage 3: The final stage will be to carry out any repairs that have been identified as the cause of the damp and mould.

This process will be carried out over period of time and will be started as soon as possible.

Contact us immediately if anyone in your household:

• has any health vulnerabilities or disabilities
• is over the age of 70, or
•is under the age of 14


Extractor fans in council homes

The extractor fans fitted in our council homes are energy efficient and have low running costs of just a few pence per day. It is very important that you leave these fans turned on and do not attempt to disable them in any way.

The fans are designed to remove moisture from the air and many of them have a boost function which comes into operation when the moisture in the air is at its highest.

If you are a district council tenant and you have any concerns about the fans in your house you should contact Uttlesford Norse Services.

Check all your radiators are working

If you are a district council tenant you can call Dodd Group for a heating check.

Telephone: 01799 510510 (press 5 and then 2)


You can also get in touch with us using alternative methods via our contact us page.