Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Homes for Ukraine: can you help?

If you want to offer a home to people fleeing Ukraine, you can become a sponsor as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Ukraine: spare room needed
It is now a year since the Homes for Ukraine scheme was launched.

Thanks to the generosity of residents opening up their homes, 284 Ukrainians have arrived safely in our district.

Some guests are now in need of alternative accommodation.

Do you have space in your home?

Can you offer space either in your home or in an annexe or independent accommodation, for an individual or a family?

We are particularly keen to hear from potential sponsors who could offer accommodation close to community amenities such as schools, shops and good public transport links.

Who can record their interest

Anyone in the UK who has not been matched with a Ukrainian person or family, as long as:

  • you can offer a spare room or home for at least 6 months
  • if you're not a British citizen, you have leave to remain in the UK for at least 6 months
  • you do not have a criminal record

Interested - find out more

For more information, please get in touch with our Communities Team at

Applying to become a sponsor

► Get more information about the scheme and record your interest in becoming a sponsor on GOV.UK

Read the Q&As about the scheme

Information for sponsors welcoming a Ukrainian person or family on