Information for Ukrainian guests: housing
Housing resources and information for Ukrainian guests staying in Uttlesford.
The government's Homes for Ukraine scheme allows people living in the UK to sponsor a named Ukrainian national or family to come to live in the UK with them, providing they have suitable accommodation to offer.
For more information about the scheme and how to apply, go to the apply for a visa under the Homes for Ukraine scheme on GOV.UK.
Ukrainian refugees can get help from us with a deposit if they want to rent privately but don't have enough money.
The aim of the scheme is to help local people rent privately by offering a deposit guarantee to landlords.
Find out more about the rent deposit guarantee scheme.
You can contact our Housing Options Team for help and advice Monday 8:30am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1pm to 5pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, you should contact our Housing Options Team as soon as possible.
You don't have to be on the streets to be considered homeless.
You may be legally homeless if:
- you've no legal right to live in accommodation anywhere in the world
- you cannot get into your home, for example your landlord has locked you out
- it's not reasonable to stay in your home, for example you're at risk of violence or abuse
- you're forced to live apart from your family or people you normally live with because there's no suitable accommodation for you
- you're living in very poor conditions such as overcrowding
You can contact our Housing Options Team for help and advice.