Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Comment on a premises licence application

Find and respond to current applications for a premises licence.

Anyone can have a say about licensing decisions - you can comment on an application for a new licence or a variation to an existing licence by writing to us.

Any premises selling alcohol, providing regulated entertainment, or providing late night refreshment to the public requires a licence (such as pubs, supermarkets, takeaways).

Comment on a licence application

Anyone applying for a licence has to advertise their application in a local newspaper and put a notice outside their premises for 28 days.

If you want to comment, you must do so within 28 days of the consultation starting - we'll tell you when this when we publish the application. Your comments must not be vexatious or frivolous and should relate to one of the 4 licensing objectives:

• the prevention of crime and disorder
• public safety
• the prevention of public nuisance
• the protection of children from harm 

Your comment may be rejected if it is not considered to be relevant to any of the licensing objectives, or if it is considered as being vexatious or frivolous (lacking seriousness or minor).

You should refer to our Licensing Act Policy (PDF) [872KB] and the Revised guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 on GOV.UK for more information.

Make a comment

You can comment on a licence application using our online form.

Comment now

Or you can write to:

Licensing, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER

Applications for a premises licence

Burger King, Stansted

Burger King - Premises License Application (PDF) [317KB]

Burger King - Site Map (PDF) [716KB]

Last date to comment: 21 March 2024

Dunmow Supermarket

Dunmow Supermarket- application for a premises licence (PDF) [13MB]

Dunmow Supermarket- premises plan (PDF) [133KB]

Last date to comment: 25 March 2024

Applications to vary a premises licence

None at present.