Parking is free for disabled blue badge holders in any of our car parks.
You must make sure that your vehicle is displaying a current blue badge clearly showing the expiry date.
How long you can park for when using your blue badge will vary between different car parks, so always check the parking information boards.
How do I apply for a blue badge?
Essex County County Council deals with all applications for blue badges.
You can apply for a blue badge on essex.gov.uk.
How do I apply for a disabled parking bay?
Essex County Council deals with applications for disabled parking bays.
You can apply for a disabled parking bay on essex.gov.uk.
Where Blue Badge holders can park
Blue Badge holders can park for free:
- in Blue Badge permit holders only bays
- in limited waiting bays
- in resident permit bays
- in Uttlesford car parks - the terms and conditions will vary between car parks so you'll always need to check the tariff boards
- on double yellow lines for up to three hours
You can't park:
- in loading bays
- on double yellow lines where there is a loading ban
- on pedestrian crossings or on zig-zag markings
- close to junctions, traffic lights or any other area likely to cause a danger
You can find out more about the Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities, on GOV.UK.