Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.


Live flood alert information and advice on flooding.

Find out if you're at risk of flooding

You can check GOV.UK to see you if you are:

If flooding is likely

GOV.UK  provides flood risk help and advice - Prepare for a flood

We cannot provide you with sandbags or individual help to protect properties.

You can buy sandbags and sand from most DIY stores and builders merchants. Find out how to use sandbags to prepare for a flood on GOV.UK.

If you are a council tenant and you are concerned about water coming into your property, please contact us

Report flooding from a sewer or a burst water main

Two companies, Anglian Water and Thames Water, are responsible for sewers in the district. Call:

Anglian Water Services on  03457 145145 (24 hour)

Thames Water Utilities on 0800 316 9800 (24 hour)

Affinity Water is responsible for supplying water. To report a burst or damaged water main call:

 Affinity Water on 0345 357 2407 (24 hour)

More about sewers and land drainage


Additional information

► Flood risk help and advice - Prepare for a flood

► Getting help during or after a flood - advice on GOV.UK

► View the current flood situation in England on GOV.UK

► Sign up for flood warnings on GOV.UK