Saffron Walden Museum
Find out what there is to see at one of the region's best small museums.
Christmas and New Year opening
Why not get out of the cold with a visit to our latest exhibition? We're even open on Boxing Day.
- Friday 21 December 2018 10.00am - 4.30pm
- Saturday 22 December 2018 10.00am - 4.30pm
- Sunday 23 December 2018 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- Monday 24 December 2018 Museum closed
- Tuesday 25 December 2018 Museum closed
- Wednesday 26 December 2018 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- Thursday 27 December 2018 Museum closed
- Friday 28 December 2018 10.00am - 4.30pm
- Saturday 29 December 2018 10.00am - 4.30pm
- Sunday 30 December 2018 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- Monday 31 December 2018 Museum closed
- Tuesday 1 January 2019 2.00pm - 4.30pm
Museum opening returns to normal from Wednesday 3 January 2019 at 10.00am
Saffron Walden Museum website - come to the Museum
Saffron Walden Museum has its very own website where you can find out about the latest exhibitions, special events and teaching sessions plus lots more. Just click on the picture on the left or use the link below to start exploring.
Collections re-crafted by the Eastern Region Textile Forum
6 October 2018 - 3 February 2019
40 Textile Artworks by 30 artists, inspired by Saffron Walden and the Museum's outstanding collections.
The artworks cover a range of themes including the Saffron Crocus, Collecting & Connecting, People & Place, Naturally Inspired and Objects in Time.
Bespoke and intricate textile artworks available at affordable prices.
News, happenings and an occasional insight into the collections can be found on the News section of the Museum website.
Walden Castle, Saffron Walden
The Conservation Area Appraisal proposed management actions for the conservation of Walden Castle in Saffron Walden. To find out more about the proposals .
March - October
Tuesday-Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday and bank holidays 2 - 5pm
November - February
Tuesday-Saturday 10am - 4:30pm
Sunday and bank holidays 2 - 4:30pm