Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Registering a food business

You must register a food premises at least 28 days before you start trading.

When you start a new food business or take over an existing business, you must register with us.

You should register at least 28 days before opening your business. If you're already trading and have not registered, you need to do this as soon as possible.

How to register

You can apply to register a food business on GOV.UK.

You can only register using the GOV.UK online form. We can't accept paper or emailed applications sent directly to us.

It is free to register - you will not need to pay a fee.

If you need any help or advice you can contact our Environmental Health team.

Who needs to register

A food business is anyone preparing, cooking, storing, handling, distributing, supplying or selling food.

Find out who needs to register as a food business on GOV.UK and what to do if you're a childminder or run a nursery.