Information about residents', visitors', carers' and traders' parking schemes in Uttlesford and how to get the permits you need to park in your area.
The North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP) manages the residential permit parking schemes across Uttlesford for us.
You can apply for a permit to park as a:
- local trader
Who can apply for a resident parking permit or a visitor permit?
If you live at a qualifying address within one of our parking schemes you can apply for a resident parking permit or a visitor permit.
To apply you must:
- live permanently at a qualifying address within one of the parking schemes
- this property must be your main place of residence - holiday, second or unoccupied properties are not eligible for a resident parking permit
- in most areas, a permanent resident, who lives on a qualifying street, can apply for a visitor parking permit. You will be required to provide proof of residency when applying
Cost of a parking permit
You can find the costs for each type of permit on the Uttlesford section of the NEPP website.
Applying for a permit
Resident and visitor permits
You can apply for a resident or visitor parking permit on the NEPP website.
Under the conditions of the Parking Order you will be required to supply:
- proof of residency, for example, copy of current tenancy agreement, driver's licence, utility bill, etc
- proof of ownership of the vehicle, either a copy of your registration document (logbook) or insurance document (must show your current address details).
- if the vehicle is a company/works vehicle, you will need to provide on company letterhead, a letter from your employer confirming the vehicle details, and that the vehicle needs to be kept at your home address
If you care for friends and family, or you're a medical professional, then you can get a permit to park nearby.
Either the carer or person getting care can apply for the permit.
If you want to apply for a carer parking permit you'll need to call NEPP on 01206 282316 or email email@example.com
Local trader permit
If you want to apply for a local trader parking permit you'll need to call NEPP on 01206 282316.
⚠ It is a serious offence to make a false statement to obtain a permit.
Blue Badge holders
Blue Badge holders can park for free without a time limit in residents' parking areas in:
- Blue Badge permit holders only bays
- shared use bays
- pay and display bays
You can't park in:
- loading bays
Blue badge holders can also park on double yellow lines for up to three hours.
You can find out more about the Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities, on GOV.UK.
We have more information and answers to frequently asked questions.