Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Can't pay your Council Tax

If you are having any difficulty in paying your Council Tax don't just stop paying! Get in touch with the Council Tax team immediately so that we can offer you advice.

If you can make any payment at all, pay as much as you can, even if it's not the full instalment amount. Get in touch with the Council Tax team immediately so that we can offer you advice and discuss your circumstances. We will guide you through what might happen next and will always try to make an affordable payment plan to prevent you from falling further behind and into even more arrears. 

Our team can discuss your circumstances to see if you may be entitled to claim a Council Tax discount, exemption or reduction.

If you're on a low income you may qualify for Local Council Tax Support (LCTS) which is administered by our benefits team.

Do I qualify for a Council Tax discount or exemption?

Normally full Council Tax has to be paid if two or more adults over the age of eighteen live in your home, however discounts are available in some circumstances.

What happens if I don't pay my Council Tax bill?

Find out about our recovery and enforcement procedures and what could happen if you don't pay your Council Tax.

Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)

Local Council Tax Support (LCTS) has replaced the national Council Tax Benefit scheme and is provided to people on low incomes to help with their Council Tax bill.

Exceptional Hardship Fund (EHF)

This fund has been set up to provide short term relief for our most vulnerable customers who have seen a reduction in the Government support which helped to pay their Council Tax liability or for those who are suffering financial hardship due to unforeseen circumstances.