Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Moving out and ownership council tax enquiry form

Tell us that you have moved home using our online portal.

Managing your Council Tax online using a hand held digital device


Manage your Council Tax online

Set up a Direct Debit, check your account, tell us about any changes and register for paperless billing using our Northgate Council Tax portal.

You do not need to register to use some of these services. However if you would like to view your Council Tax account details, you will need to create a login for the portal.

We have published some guidance on how to use this service.


Change of address - how to tell us online

  1. Open our Northgate Council Tax portal.
  2. Scroll down to "Tell us that you have moved home".
  3. Select "View change of address options".

When we receive your change of address, we will check the details you give. We will then send you a new bill showing your discount or exemption and the amount left to pay.

Until you get your new bill, you should pay in line with the one you already have.