Affordable housing viability assessment
Consultants Levvel were appointed by the London Commuter Belt (East)/M11 Sub Region comprising Brentwood Borough Council, East Hertfordshire District Council, Epping Forest District Council, Harlow Council and Uttlesford District Council to undertake an Affordable Housing Viability Assessment.
The Uttlesford Local Plan 2005 Policy H9 sets a target of 40% affordable housing on appropriate allocated and windfall sites. A site size threshold of 0.5 hectares or of 15 dwellings applies.
This has regard to:
- the up to date housing needs survey
- market conditions
- site considerations
In 2012 we requested that Levvel undertake an 'update' of the 2010 Affordable Housing Viability Assessment in order to:
- assess how current market conditions compare with the upside, middle or downside market scenarios assessed in the 2010 study
- provide commentary on the potential impact on development viability of the introduction of the 2011-2015 Affordable Homes Programme - Framework and the associated changes to Annex B of Planning Policy Statement 3: Housing June 2011
- provide commentary on the impact of the National Planning Policy Statement published on the 27 March 2012
- provide commentary on the changes to the definition of zero carbon homes, announced in May 2011 and the associated potential impact upon the likely costs associated with the mandatory requirement for all residential dwellings to achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 6 in 2016