Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Starting a food business

Uttlesford District Council Environmental Health department deal with all aspects of food safety for consumers in thee area.

We are here to support and monitor businesses who supply food and drink to consumers.

Food businesses must run their food business safely and there are legal requirements including where food is sourced, how and where it is stored and prepared plus how it managed safely.

You must also register a food premises at least 28 days before you start trading.

How to run your food business

There is advice and guidance for every type of food business, including what needs to be done before operating, on the Food Standards Agency website.