Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Temporary road closures

Find out how to apply to close a road temporarily for events or planned works.

Roadworks and maintenance of services

You will need to apply to Essex County Council for a temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) if you need to temporarily close a road for:

  • planned roadworks
  • installation of, or maintenance works to, services such as gas, electricity or water
  • building works being carried out on or near the road
  • short-term road closures due to emergencies, such as repairs to a burst water main or gas leak

Apply for a TTRO

Street parties, fetes and community sports events

We deal with applications for road closures for street parties, processions, parades, fun runs or similar community events.

You will need to apply to us for a Street Closure Order to close a road for an event in Uttlesford.

Apply to close a street