Bulky household item collection
If you have a large household item such as a piece of furniture, carpets or a door you wish to dispose of, we offer a chargeable bulky household waste collection service.
Collections of sofas and other waste domestic seating
⚠ From 1 April there are new charges collect and dispose of any upholstered domestic seating containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs).
Collection of items containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) 1item - £32.00
Each additional item - £10.00
• sofa beds
• kitchen and dining room chairs
• stools and foot stools
• home office chairs
• bean bags, floor and sofa cushions
This includes any part made of or containing leather, synthetic leather, other fabric, or foam.
Where you can dispose of your sofa
If you want to get rid of any upholstered domestic seating you can also take it to your local recycling centre.
Book a bulky waste collection for a large household item
You can book a bulky household item collection using our online form.
For items such as bathroom fittings, carpets and doors the cost is:
- £32.50 for the first 2 items
- £5.40 per extra item when booked at the same time
For sofas and other waste domestic seating containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) the cost is:
- £32.00 for the first item
- £10.00 per extra item when booked at the same time
Payment can be made by credit/debit card.
We'll collect your bulky items from 7am, Monday - Friday. You should:
- make sure the items are visible and accessible from the road
- put items outside your property by 7am
- remove any glass from the items
- bundle pieces together if you take items apart
What we can take
What we can collect - you can put these items out for a bulky waste collection
What we can not collect - please don't put these items out for a bulky waste collection