Bulky household item collection
If you have a large household item such as a piece of furniture, carpets or a door you wish to dispose of, we offer a chargeable bulky household waste collection service.
Not currently collected - sofas and other waste domestic seating
⚠ Due to a change in the national waste regulations we are currently not able to collect and dispose of any upholstered domestic seating containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs).
• sofa beds
• kitchen and dining room chairs
• stools and foot stools
• home office chairs
• bean bags, floor and sofa cushions
This includes any part made of or containing leather, synthetic leather, other fabric, or foam.
Things that can still be collected
We can still collect the following items of domestic seating as they are are unlikely to contain POPs:
• items that are not upholstered, for example, a wooden chair without a cushioned or textile back, seat, or arms
We can still collect mattresses, curtains, blinds and beds.
Where to dispose of your sofa
You can still take any upholstered domestic seating to your local recycling centre.
Book a bulky waste collection for a large household item
You can book a bulky household item collection using our online form.
For items such as furniture, carpets and doors the cost is:
- £30.00 for the first 2 items
- £5 per extra item when booked at the same time
Payment can be made by credit/debit card.
We'll collect your bulky items from 7am, Monday - Friday. You should:
- make sure the items are visible and accessible from the road
- put items outside your property by 7am
- remove any glass from the items
- bundle pieces together if you take items apart
What we can take
What we can collect - you can put these items out for a bulky waste collection
What we can not collect - please don't put these items out for a bulky waste collection