Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Assets of Community Value Privacy Notice

This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs in order to process any application, enquiry, complaint, compliment or representation relating to any Asset of Community Value.

We also publish an Overarching Privacy Notice and a Planning Policy Privacy Notice.

What information we collect about you

The information that the council will collect varies depending on how you use the council's services. We are using the information provided in this case because we have a legal obligation (Art. 6(1)(c)). This means we collect your personal information from you so that we can carry out a function we are required by law to carry out. In this case we are collecting personal information for your application to nominate an Asset of Community Value.

If you're providing us with special category personal information (such as details about your health) we will be processing this under Art. 9(2).

How we use the information about you

We use the information to process your application. We will share the information with other departments at the Council to enable us to deal with your application and determine the outcome. We will only share the information to enable us to deal with this matter.

Your personal details may be shared with the owner(s) of the land/ and or the owner's solicitor on request.

The nomination form that you provide will be made available to the public on our website and on request. Your personal details will not be placed on the website as we will redact the nomination form.

We will not share the personal information we hold with any external organisations except for partner organisations.We may be required to share your personal information with the Police, Internal Audit or similar agency, or another council for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud.

We will ensure that all personal information is kept securely.

How long we will we keep this information

We will destroy this personal information in accordance with our disposal schedules. To determine how long we should keep information, we consider what the legislation states and what is good practice. This means we will securely destroy the information once we no longer need it. If you would like to know the specific period of time that relates to your personal information please contact

Individuals' rights

You can access the personal information that we hold about you at any time by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the council.  This request should be in writing and clearly specify the information you require.  

Please email us at or write to us at Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4ER. Alternatively, please complete and return the SAR form to assist you with submitting a request. 

You can ask to change information you think is inaccurate, you should let us know if you disagree with something written on your file.  We may not always be able to change or remove that information but we will correct factual inaccuracies and may include your comments in the record to show that you disagree with it.

Complaints or queries

We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information.  For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously.  We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.  We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.

If you have any concerns, questions or comments please email the council's Data Protection Officer.



Data Protection Officer
Uttlesford District Council
Council Offices
London Road
Saffron Walden
Essex, CB11 4ER

If having exhausted the complaints process you are still of the opinion that your request or review has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office or by calling them on 0303 123 1113.