Essex Local Nature Partnership
Local Nature Partnerships (LNPs) bring together local organisations, businesses and people who want to improve their local natural environment.
- 14% of Natural Green Infrastructure coverage of Essex to be increased to 25% Natural Green infrastructure coverage by 2030
- 50% of farmland in Essex to adopt Sustainable stewardship practices by 2030. This target has been adopted from the Essex Climate Action Commission.
- 1 in 4 people in Essex taking action for Nature Recovery. Target adopted from the Essex Wildlife Trust.
- access to high quality green space for all.
How it works
Essex Local Nature Partnership is hosted by Essex County Council (ECC) and is structured around a Board, an officer working group and sub-focus working groups. There are currently 4 sub-focus working groups:
- Local Nature Recovery Strategy Working Group
- Community Engagement Working Group
- Planning and Biodiversity Net Gain Working Group
- Agriculture Working Group
Find out more about the partnership and how you can get involved with the Local Nature Partnership on the Essex Climate Action Commission website.