Climate action projects: how can we help?
If you are a community group or charity working on climate action projects within Uttlesford we would love to hear your story.
Share your story
Please share your story with us and let us know how we can help you raise the profile of your project or expand your reach.
Sharing your story may inspire other people as well as generating additional interest, feedback and discussion. You may even gain more volunteers!
Climate Change Project Officer
Uttlesford District Council
Practical Tips for Businesses to work towards net zero.
- Train staff in sustainability. Courses such as Carbon Literacy(External link) are a great way of certifying staff
- Offer schemes such as cycle to work to encourage staff to choose sustainable travel
- Replace end of life vehicles with more sustainable options such as electric or hydrogen powered vehicles
- Using biodiesel, where possible, can reduce your business' carbon footprint
- Save energy by turning off electrical equipment including lights when not in use. Having lights with sensors can also help.
- When replacing appliances and electrical equipment, ensure they have a high energy rating, ideally A or above
- Set the thermostat to 19c
- Install insulation in roofs and walls
- Replace old lightbulbs with LED bulbs
- Use local suppliers and local products where possible
- Consider the environmental credentials of suppliers
Sources of funding
Understanding Net Zero Carbon